约翰,向她道歉。
John, apologize to her.
John, apologize to her. (约翰,向她道歉。)
I'm really sorry. (真对不起。)
约翰,你听我说!
John, you listen to me!
John, you listen to me! (约翰,你听我说!)
I don't want to. (我不想听。)
危险,别淘气。
Watch out! Don't play with that thing.
Mom, watch! (妈妈,你看!)
Watch out! Don't play with that thing. (危险,别淘气。)
自己的事情自己做。
Do it yourself.
Can you fix my bicycle? (能帮我修一下自行车吗?)
Do it yourself. (自己修。)
Do it by yourself.
Do it for yourself.
你别半途而废。
You should finish what you start.
I'm going to give up. (我想放弃了。)
You should finish what you start. (你别半途而废。)
Don't leave things half done. *也可用half done来表示“半途而废”。
我认输了。
I'm ready to throw in the towel. *这是一句拳击用语,用来比喻“认输”。
You failed the exam again. (你又没考上。)
I'm ready to throw in the towel. (我认输了。)
这是你(应尽)的责任。
It's your duty (to do that). *duty “(法律、道德上的)义务,应尽的责任”。
It's up to you to do that. (这是你应该做的。)
It's your responsibility. (这是你分内的工作。)
要善待他人。
Be good to others.
Do unto others as you would have done to you.*正式的说法。
You should treat others kindly.
Do unto others.
你要再三小心。
You can't be too careful. *直译“再小心也不为过”。
You can't be too careful. (你要再三小心。)
That's true. (那是当然。)
It's best to be as safe as possible.
(It's) better safe than sorry. (保得安全总比后悔好。)
三思而后行。
Make up your mind after thinking it over carefully. *make up one's mind 常用词组,表示decide(下决心)。带有“仔细考虑之后再下决定”的语感。
Make your decision after you give it a lot of thought.
Think it over carefully before you decide.
我全靠你了。
I'm counting on you. *这句表示“我全仗你了,你好好干”。
I'm relying on you.
你终究会明白的。
You'll see.
I don't think she's mean. (我没觉得她有什么恶意。)
You'll see. (你终究会明白的。)
You'll find out soon enough.
Time will tell. (时间会证明一切。)
冷静下来好好想想。
Calm down and think carefully. *calm down “冷静”、“镇静”。
Calm down and think carefully. (冷静下来好好想想。)
I can't! (我做不到。)
点击加载更多评论>>