一、能带不定式和-ing分词而意义无甚区别的动词
A)在begin, start, continue, like, love, prefer等动词后面既能直接带不定式也能直接带-ing分词,基本意义无甚区别。
1. I didn't start worrying/to worry until she was 2 hours late.
她晚了两小时后我才开始担忧起来。
2. She began/started
她开始学习法语。
﹡beginning和starting之后一般不用动词的-ing形式:
It's starting/beginning to rain. 开始下雨了。
It's starting/beginning raining. (×)
3. The rain continued falling/to fall all afternoon.
这场雨整整一下午都下个不停。
4. Lucy continued writing/to write while in hospital.
露西住院时继续写作。
5. I like up early.
我喜欢早起。
6. She's never liked swimming.
她从不喜欢游泳。
7. I like to see them enjoying themselves.
我就愿意看着他们玩得高兴。
8. I like to see people enjoying themselves.
我喜欢看到人们玩得开心。
9. I love watching TV/to watch TV.
我爱看电视。
10. I love going out to restaurants.
我很喜欢去餐馆吃饭。
11. I love to go out dancing.
我喜欢出去跳舞。
12. Do you prefer for yourself, or in a restaurant?
你喜欢自己做饭吃,还是到饭店里吃?
13. I prefer playing in defence.
我喜欢打防守。
14. I prefer to wear clothes made of natural fibers.
我更喜欢穿天然织物做的衣服。
B) 在need, want, require等动词之后,可用-ing分词的主动形式表示被动意义,这相当于用不定式的被动态。例如:
1. This shirt needs washing (=needs to be washed).
这件衬衣该洗了。
2. That door needs painting (=needs to be painted).
那扇门需要油漆一下。
3. That box needs moving (=needs to be moved).
那个箱子需要挪一下。
4. The plants want watering (=want to be watered) daily.
这些花草需要天天浇水。
5. The carpet really wants cleaning (=wants to be cleaned).
这块地毯真的需要清洗了。
6. Your hair wants cutting (=wants to be cut).
你的头发需要剪了。
点击加载更多评论>>